Tuesday, August 26, 2008

26th......

26th is a very nostalgic date for me and my family. It was my late mum's birthdate.. My wife and I got married on 27th Dec... and I was in hospital with her on 26th Dec the following year awaiting my first born that decided to pop out on our wedding anniversary. 26th July is the date my road tax expire.... and today, 26th August is the date Malaysians hope will be the start of a new era, regardless if they are voting in P44 Permatang Pauh.

Looking back, this by-election is not about Arif v Anwar. I would like to think that Arif and Anwar has been real gentlemen in this battle. Both has refrained from personal attacks on each other... but to me its a Najib v Anwar battle all the way.. the amount of shit dunked on each other will make the sewage tank look like clean room. My question here is, will Najib be "screwed" literally if he loses this by election by a bigger majority? Will his hold on UMNO loosen if he "fail to perform" this time round? Is this also Mr. Sleepy Head's tactic of keeping his seat come 2010? Najib will still need to endure many pitfalls till then even if he comes out of this intact. Maybe Sleepy Head is not sleeping after all.... hmmm...

But P44 has the chance to put their sick politics to the backwaters of Malaysian history once and for all. What would happen tomorrow when Anwar takes his oath as an MP in Parliament? hmmmm.....

Well, I join Mob1909. If I do not hang the flag upside down... maybe I can do this...

6 comments:

Pete said...

Buy toto mega 09 10 12 26 27 44 lucky number from your post. Sure kena, now more than 16 million lor!
LOL

Malaysian Joe said...

aiyo.. where did u get the rest of the numba one?

Pete said...

Some from the month.

Unknown said...

Wow! 26 very auspicious number for you, Kevin! Let's hope it will be just as auspicious for ALL Malaysians.

Malaysian Joe said...

Yeah.. Iris... 61% exit vote... majority of about 10k... a morale victory for BN?

Anonymous said...

Hah! i also wan to go and buy toto la, these days, money always not enuff. Really celaka punya! Anyway, Anwar won, with 30k++ votes. LOL...*roar* the goons cannot boast liao...and yet, they're still living in denial! Cannot blame them, blond barbies never learn. :-D