Saturday, August 2, 2008

While I was away....

Was in the office yesterday morning but had to go out for the entire day and as usual back at about 10pm... but a flurry of events happened yesterday as I read through other blogs and newsportals. Some gives me hope while others make me wonder if there is ever hope.

Top on the list is the speed that the government move at announcing fuel prices... While it is a admirable from a day earlier that they say an announcement by the PM is fortcoming in weeks... it merely took him ONE DAY to announce the float of fuel price. But I wonder if he "took" my advise.. hehehe... In my earlier article I asked whats so difficult in my earlier post.. here.

Then a flurry of news on the man that BN claimed is irrelevant. I really wonder if he is so irrelevant why would they be so worried about sending a big one head on to meet him in Permatang Pauh? UMNO's argument of not putting Ezam in there was based on their "tradition" of not fielding a parachute candidate.... hmm... case in point? Tasek Gelugor? But they will surely use Ezam greatly to negate Anwar by "spilling the beans". Well, whatever it is, it will be a very intense battle with tonnes of mud slinging.

Next up, the popularity contest! Our PM's popularity has dipped from historic high of 91%!! Makes me wonder really if his Mr. Clean image really caught the imagination of Malaysians back in 2004 that almost 100%... I was like.. WOW... today he hits all time low of 42%! I wonder if these popularity contest holds true... well.. maybe... look at it this way, despite all the horrendous things that happen over the last 4 years... nearly half of the people thinks its OK for him to do all that.... But I guess most people's fear would be more of No.2 going to the top. I do not think a man that raise the keris and wanting to bathe chinese blood with it deserves to be PM more so now with the C4 matter hanging over his head.

Sigh... anyway, we go into the weekend praying hard that it would be a good weekend, peaceful and restful I hope.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Malaysia? Got hope? Yeah right... Malaysia no hope lah!

Malaysian Joe said...

Hope is what we make it to be! hehehe.. new week new outlook... I hope.. :).

Anonymous said...

With our kind of PM ... shit happen every second unpredictable.

Malaysian Joe said...

Our PM can even forget the title of his speech... now that is cause for "further" concern.. :)

Anonymous said...

Hahaha... kevin, we cannot expect too much from the sleepyhead lah. he's good at one thing only what... which is D.R.E.A.M.I.N.G.

Malaysian Joe said...

Well... we can still boast as the only country that the PM sleeps on the job!